AMA’s toddler and preschool program provides an enriched Montessori learning environment. We are dedicated to following the Montessori philosophy along with traditional instruction to ensure our children develop academically, socially, and emotionally within our thoughtfully designed environment. We achieve this, with the guidance and encouragement of our specially trained and caring staff. Children are encouraged to acquire and master skills, learn responsibility, and foster strong, positive feelings about oneself and others. Along with the traditional approach, our program includes the use of modern technology such as SMART boards and iPads to develop our young learners.
- ALL Individualized Instruction – Each child learns and develops at her/his own pace through the personalized plan determined from a variety of assessments and observations from our trained teachers. The integrated curriculum is introduced sequentially and at the developmental level of each individual child, allowing every child to work to capacity and at their ability level.
- Child Directed Program – Within the structure of the classroom and curriculum, children are encouraged to pursue their interests, make responsible choices for themselves and direct themselves to constructive activities. Since children’s interests vary, this opportunity results in an independent, self-motivated learner.
- Integrated Curriculum – The curriculum integrates many subject areas into the lesson by incorporating Montessori techniques, traditional teaching methods, and modern technology. This enables students to use their knowledge and skills in context and to see the “whole” picture. We offer additional programs integrated in the day that develops the whole child. This includes yoga, dance, computer use, sign language, spanish, non-denominational grace at lunch, and potty training.
- Life Cubby – Gives parents a secure account to access that provides documentation for their child’s growth (18 months-3 years) and development. Daily information sent to parents from their teachers can include; photos and videos, digital check-in and check-out, child reports, meal tracking, daily behavior, and lesson plans.
- Extended Care – Preschool commences at 8:30am until 3:00pm. We are able to provide your child with extended care as early as 6:30am until 6:00pm at the Yorba Linda preschool and 6:30pm at the Anaheim Hills preschool.